Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 26, 2010

I am grateful to be alive.

Today was nearly perfect, and I'm grateful for that. I'm grateful for Mt. Rainier, the bluest skies EVER, and hiking.

I'm grateful to be strong enough to hike.

I'm grateful that my cold was low-grade enough to enjoy the hike.

I'm grateful for giggling with Tessa during a snowball fight.

I'm grateful for my silly dog who wants to lie at my feet whereever I am.

I'm grateful that I stayed on plan for 13 days so far, even if I'm not losing much weight.

I'm grateful that I packed the right stuff, and had everyone dressed in the right layers, for our day of hiking.

I'm grateful for singing along with music in the car.

I'm grateful for mint tea at the end of a long day.

I'm grateful that Ryan and Tessa WANT to hike with me.

I'm grateful for avalanche lilies and wildflowers of every variety. Especially lupine and foxglove.

I'm grateful that our Subie is such a reliable car.

I'm grateful that it's the beginning of summer and lots of hiking lies in front of me.


I am grateful for my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment